She’ll Be First With New UK Inspired Livery
P&O Cruises has unveiled its plans for a £26 million pound make-over for Aurora this winter, the first ship in the fleet to receive the new livery design.
The refurbishment will take place Nov. 29 to Dec. 18 in Hamburg, ahead of its Christmas and New Year cruise and before the South America & Pacific Adventure world cruise itinerary departing January 8, 2015.
Launched in 2000, Aurora’s last refit was in 2009. The planned changes for 2014 include:
A new look livery design, which celebrates P&O Cruises heritage and its place as Britain’s favorite cruise company. It features a contemporary version of the Union Flag on its bow and new blue funnel with illuminated rising sun design• The introduction of Sindhu restaurant for evening fine dining (replacing the library on deck 8) with an Indian fusion menu designed by Michelin-star celebrity chef Atul Kochhar• The Glass House restaurant and wine bar is replacing Café Bordeaux on deck 8. Available for brunch, lunch and dinner it will house wine displays and wines selected by expert and TV presenter Olly Smith. Enomatic wine systems allow passengers to buy premium wines by the glass. There will also be a private room for wine tastings and dinners
- A complete refurbishment of the buffet restaurant (Lido deck, deck 12) with new décor
- In the evening, The Beach House menu replaces the Pennant Grill menu to include family favourites such as Fillet of Beef on Lava Rock• A complete refurbishment of The Reef children’s clubs with room names changed to reflect Reef club names across the rest of the fleet• The introduction of Freedom Dining to Medina Restaurant with more tables for two and Marco Pierre White dishes on gala evening
- A refurbishment of the Sidewalk Café and the introduction of Costa Coffee and brand new “Grab and Go” counter, a great option for breakfast and lunch on the go
- The library relocates to the current cyb@study space adjacent to the Crow’s Nest on deck 13
- Casino and Champions refurbishment with new open-plan design, new furniture and improved stage area for entertainment, live music and quizzes
- Photography gallery upgrade to include more touch screen technology
- An extensive shop refurbishment
- Refurbishment of Oasis Spa
- Upgrade of all sound and light equipment in the theatre and show lounge
- New soft furnishings for all cabins with flat-screen TVs
P&O Cruises marketing director Christopher Edgington said: “This is a massive investment. It’s all part of our ongoing commitment to ensure continuous improvement of our ships and consistency across the fleet.
“Both Ventura and Arcadia underwent huge multi-million pound refits last year and Aurora is the next in line with Azura planned for 2015.
“Not only will Aurora feature firm favorites from Azura and Ventura, such as Sindhu and The Glass House restaurant and wine bar, but we will also see brand new initiatives as well as the distinctive new livery.”